Who We Are
Suburban Town Planners has expertise in all areas of town planning. Suburban Town Planners plan and coordinate the successful completion of planning, development and development applications (DAs) for projects in rural and suburban areas at a competitive fee.
The principal of the firm is Mr. Philip Mudge, who been a Deputy Mayor of a local Sydney Council for three years and chairperson of that Council’s development committee, landscape committee, coastal management committee, and Manly futures committee.
Phil’s extensive qualifications and experience ensures you receive the best advice and your project receives professional management leading to a successful result in a realistic time frame.
Mr. Mudge has been successfully joined more recently by his Senior Planner, Melissa Neighbour. Melissa works very closely with Phil Mudge on all projects so that each project obtains their combined expertise. Melissa is also a qualified project manager.
As town planners we deal with the following range of development application (DA) projects: land, strata, and community title subdivisions, townhouses, dwellings, residential flat buildings, shopping centres, rural subdivisions, dual occupancy, semi attached and detached dwellings, and many other projects.
Phil has the following qualifications and experience:
Tertiary Qualifications and Further Studies:
- Bachelor of Surveying (B Surv.) University of NSW
- Graduate Diploma in Urban Estate Management (Land Economics), (Gr. Dip. Urb. Est. Mgt), (UTS), Sydney.
- Graduate Diploma in Planning (Gr.Dip.Pl.), University of Technology (UTS), Sydney.
- Diploma of Financial Planning, RG146, Financial Advisor.
- Real Estate Agents Licensing Diploma, University of Western Sydney
- Strata and Community Titles Managing Agents License/ Diploma, University of Western Sydney.
- Stock and Station Agents Diploma, University of Western Sydney.
- .Estate Master Valuer’s Development Feasibility Software.
- Property Development Course, University of Western Sydney.
- Development and Building Application Mediators Course, Australian Commercial Disputes Centre.
Previous Professional Memberships and Registrations:
- Registered Surveyor- Board of Surveyors NSW
- Member of The Planning Institute of Australia- MPIA
- Member of Institution of Surveyors, Australia- MIS Aust.
- Licensed Real Estate Agent.
Local Government Experience:
- Deputy Mayor and Independent Councillor, Manly Council 1991-1995
- Chairman – Manly Council Building and Environment Committee 1992,1995
- Chairman – Manly Council Landscape Management Committee 1992-1995
- Chairman – Manly Council Coastal Management Committee 1993-1995
- Chairman – Manly Futures Forum, 1994
- Notices of Motion, Manly Council, for Manly Town Centre Study 1993, Parking Study 1992, Manly Futures Forum 1994, Manly Corso Consultant’s Study.
Property Developments by Phil Mudge:
- 2 Apartments, 4 Storeys, 105 North Steyne, Manly, NSW
- Seachange on Pavilion, 32- 36 Pavilion Street, Queenscliff, Seachange on Crown – 65 -67 Crown Road, Queenscliff, NSW – Australia’s first 5 Star acoustic rated, luxury apartment building.
- Melaleuca Rise, 556-562 Pittwater Road, North Manly, NSW 12 Town Homes, 8 detached, 4 attached, Community Title Security Estate, Melaleuca Rise.